Sign Up

Sign In

Forgot Password

Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.

You must login to ask question.

You must login to add post.

MMA-‘The fight is off’ McGregor tells Poirier in Twitter spat

Ireland’s Conor McGregor has told Dustin Poirier their third fight scheduled for July 10 is off after the pair quarrelled on Twitter over a $500,000 donation to the American’s charity.

Former two-weight UFC champion McGregor said earlier this month that a third fight was booked with Poirier, who became the first man to knock him out in January. McGregor knocked Poirier out in a featherweight contest in 2014. read more

But McGregor was not happy when Poirier said the Irishman had not made good on a promise to donate to his charity.

“A donation, not a debt. We’ve been awaiting the plans for the money that never came,” McGregor said in a reply.

“500k with no plan in place,” he added. “The fight is off… I’m going to fight someone else on the 10th.”

Poirier replied by saying McGregor’s team “never responded” to emails explaining where the funds would go.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/mma-the-fight-is-off-mcgregor-tells-poirier-twitter-spat-2021-04-12/

Related Posts

Leave a comment

You must login to add a new comment.